Introducing PayGo, an easy, convenient way to pay your electric bill while you run your errands!
Pay your bill where you shop, with over 50,000 retail locations nationwide. Here's how it works:
- Obtain your unique barcode.
- Take it with you where you shop.
- Make a cash payment at the cash register. Your payment is instantly applied to your CGEMC bill.
Manage your account anytime through the CGEMC Customer Portal. Create your account today!
The web portal runs directly in the mobile browser on your smartphone or other mobile devices. The web portal gives you secure access to maintain your account information, to view your bills and your payment history, to manage your alerts and reminders, and to make payments on one or more accounts directly from your mobile device. You can set up email notifications on the web portal.
Keep track of your account, pay or view your bill and much more with the Central Georgia EMC App for Android and Apple devices. This free service brings the online functionality of our website to your smartphone. Just click on the appropriate device link below to download your Central Georgia EMC App today!
What if my phone is not supported?
Our CGEMC web portal is available if your smartphone is not compatible with the Mobile App.
What are the features available on the Mobile App?
View your accounts, view your bills, make secure payments directly from your mobile device, view your payment history, modify, or maintain your subscriptions for alerts and reminders, and contact us via email or phone.
The Mobile App gives you the ability to receive push notifications and view a map of our offices and payment locations. You can even report a power outage at your location.
How do I view my bill through the Mobile App?
Our App will display PDF versions of your available bills using the PDF reader you have on your smart device.
How current is the account information I see in the Mobile App?
The information you see in the Mobile App and the Mobile Web App is shown in real-time, so it is always accurate.
How do I sign up for push notifications? What if I want to receive push notifications for multiple accounts?
The first time you launch the CGEMC App after installing it on your mobile device, you will be asked whether you want to enable push notifications for our App on your device. Select OK to enable push notifications. Next, be sure to choose each account and enable the “Notify” option for every account you want to receive push notifications on this particular device.
If you have the CGEMC App installed on multiple devices, do not forget to enable push notifications for your accounts on each device, as the push notification settings for each account are device-specific.
With Text-to-Connect, you can make a payment, get your balance, or even report a power outage by texting short commands from the mobile phone number listed on your account. For customer-owners who are not currently receiving text alerts, text JOIN to 352667. Once you receive your welcome alert, text START to confirm that you want to opt-in to receive text messages.
Once you opt-in, you can use the following commands to interact with the Customer Information System:
- HELP- Gives you information about the service
- MENU - See a list of all available commands
- START- Confirms that you want to opt-in
- STOP- Opts you out of the service
- BAL- Provides the current amount owed or the prepaid metering balance for those who participate in the prepaid metering payment plan
- PAY- Payment can be made using a stored debit/credit card or echeck profile
- OUTAGE - Report a power outage on up to four active accounts associated with your current mobile number on file
- CALL- Delivers the CGEMC phone number
- RESET - Lets you restart the text session
To text a payment, you must first set up a credit/debit card or echeck profile by logging into the CGEMC Customer Portal.
Central Georgia EMC offers members the option to set up automatic monthly payments in advance. The automatic payment option allows you to set up recurring monthly payments using a credit card or checking account.
- Log in to the CGEMC Customer Portal.
- Choose the “Schedule Automatic Payment” option from the Payment menu.
- Enter either your credit card or checking information.
- You can opt to pay on your due date or select another date, and your payment will process each month automatically.
- You may want to use the automatic payment system for a particular period. By choosing an ending date, your payments will no longer process after that date.
- You will receive an email confirming your posted payment.
For your convenience, we offer a Credit Card/Bank Draft Payment Plan.
When the proper forms are complete authorizing automatic credit card or bank draft monthly payments, Central Georgia EMC will process the payment by credit card automatically each month for you on the day your statement is mailed. A bank draft is processed on the Tuesday after the bill date. You will receive a monthly bill showing your usage and the dollar amount charged to your credit card or drafted from your checking account.
In-office payments can be made 24 hours a day at our onsite payment kiosk. This kiosk will immediately post payments made by cash, credit card, debit card, and check.
Payments may also be made at the office in Jackson during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or in the Night Depository after 5:00 p.m. or on the weekends.
The Bank of Monticello in Monticello and Cadence Bank branches located at 1535 Bass Road and 5980 Zebulon Road in Macon will also accept Central Georgia EMC payments.
Please note: The bank cannot accept past due payments.
You can easily pay your electric bill by phone with our Tele-link system by calling (770) 775-7857 or 1-800-222-4877 and selecting Option 2.
With the Tele-link system, the customer does not have to press any number keys; commands can be spoken directly to the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system.
Tele-link makes paying your bill simple:
- 24-hour access from any touch-tone phone
- Checks, credit cards, or debit cards are accepted
- No more trips to the post office; save time and money
- Payment is posted to your account within minutes
- A confirmation number is given to assure that your payment has been received
To make a payment by Tele-link:
- You will need your checkbook, credit card, or debit card.
- Have a copy of your CGEMC electric bill handy, or at least the account number located in the upper left corner of the bill.
- Call 770-775-7857 and select Option 2.
- Note: At any time during the call, Tele-link can provide a quick connection to a customer service representative or system operations.
- After an introductory message, the IVR system will prompt you to speak or input your account number, your payment type, and amount. Listen carefully because sometimes the exact steps to follow will change.
- The IVR system will read back/verify your account number, your payment type, and the amount that will be credited to your account.
- After a few moments, the IVR system will give you a confirmation number. Do not hang up until you receive the confirmation number, so you will know your transaction was correctly completed.